Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's still vague

Podcasting is not allowed during elections -Channel News Asia

Senior Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts Balaji Sadasivan stated that podcasting would not be allowed during elections, streaming of videos during campaigning would also be prohibited.

So would that mean that SG Rally would have to shut down during elections period? hmm..

In the report,

Dr Balaji added that individual bloggers can discuss politics, but have to register with the Media Development Agency if they persistently promote political views.

My question here is, what exactly is considered promoting political views? At what point do discussion on poitics become promoting political views? And exactly how often is persistently? Every single posting? At least 3 postings a week?

Everything is so vague, there's a high chance that people would err on the side of cautious and not talk about politics at all. And maybe they are not interested at all to speak about politics at all.

My mei's friend was telling her the other day about my blog, that I wrote so much negative things about PAP, aren't I worried. My answer is, worry about what? What I'm writing are just my opinions, everyone have an opinion about everyone else. And by having an opinion means that I do care and that I bother. I don't see why I have to worry about what I say.

And before I say certain things, I do research and proof-read to make sure I don't say anything that's too out of line.

We have the right to speak out, and we should not be afraid to speak out.

So during the elections period, I will continue to blog on politics, but maybe I'll have to proof read twice to make sure that I'm not promoting political views. Or at least take out what I think is promoting political views, things like, please vote for WP :p

<<>><<>>

No comments: