Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Strange Curiosity

I think we humans are strange, very peculiar. Ever seen something that so appalling that you find you cannot tear yourself away? Things that are so ugly and yet you just have to look, and then feel disgusted at the end of it.

Strange right? If it disgusts you, then look away, why stare? When we read something we don't like, why read on?

Curiosity? Maybe, but remember it killed the cat. Maybe it's not that great to be curious. Curiosity can make you miserable at times, when you are compelled to find out something but when that thing did not turn out the way you wanted it to be, you will feel upset. So why not just leave the thing alone in the first place?

What you dunno cannot hurt you. That's the philosophy of my life. I strive for scientific knowledge, but when it comes to people-to-people concerns, I try to keep my distance. Of course I'm curious, but what good would it do to know that someone hates me, hates my guts and the things I do? I rather not know and think that everyone likes me.

It may seem to be an escapist attitude but isn't life about being happy?

Leave those unpleasant things alone, focus on yourself, your family and your friends.

No comments: