Sunday, January 04, 2009

Silence is Golden, Ignorance is Bliss

Just attended a wedding today and these are the 6 words which popped up into my mind when the couple asked for advice on married life..

For me, communication is overrated, or more like the idea is being misunderstood. The idea of communication is not about telling each other everything, that's just information overload, I always feel that communication should be done at appropriate times only. Of course the hard thing is not communication but when? When do you start sharing the nasty, depressing stuff? 

Silence is always golden, if you dun know what to say, then shut up. If you know what you're gonna say is potential hurtful, then shut up. The true art of communication is not knowing the right things to say at the right time, it's about knowing when not to say the wrong things at the wrong time.

Ignorance is always bliss, we're living in a world where we're bombarded by information every second of our lives, is there a need to add on to that burden? There are lots of things which I do not need to know about and I will not go dig up about that coz there's limited storage in my head and I rather think about the important stuff. Ignorance is not about being stupid, it's about making oneself happy. I just need to know certain things which can make me happy, the rest, sorry I'm not interested.

2 thumbs of rule which I live my life by.. and I'm happy :)

No comments: