Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Calling the shots

I like to be the one in-charge, the one to be calling the shots and telling people that this is what I want and this is what I'm going to get. That's why I always try to pay for my own, whether it's meals or gadgets or clothes.

That's me and I just dun like to feel obliged to listen to someone coz they are the ones coming out with the money. Of course some people can still totally ignore other's opinions though the others are paying, but that's just not the way my parents brought me up.
 
This is the reason why as far as possible, I do not want Ah Dear to pay for everything and I do not want his parents to pay for everything, it's just not right. My sis was telling me that as a Chinese tradition, it's only right that the guy pays for everything, blah blah blah.. But for me, marriage is a 2-person thing, how can I just let him pay for everything, let him be in debt and all while I just sit back and enjoy myself? It's just wrong.

Heck care the Chinese tradition, I'm the one who will have to live with him for the rest of my life, I dun wanna start things off in such an unbalanced manner, I want to enter the marriage on equal grounds, I am just as capable as him in providing for our home, inclusive of the wedding.

No comments: