Tuesday, December 20, 2005

You see what you want to see

The mind is a strange thing, most people just see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. But that's instinct, if we see or hear everything, we would suffer from an information overload and go nuts pretty soon.

But sometimes, looking and not seeing is not a good thing. We pretend to look at something, but we do not really see it. Like how I walked by the Fountain Terrace everyday and yet it was just five minutes ago when I realise that Pasta Fresca at Suntec had already closed down.. When did that happen? How come I did not know?

But then again, I know there's quite a few new restaurants opening, so why did it not hit me that Pasta Fresca is no longer around?

Coz I don't want it to be gone. That place holds special memories for me, of a first date with him, of stuffed pasta with tomato sauce, of pasta with asparagus and cream sauce, of calamari with salsa, of an amazing date, of the beginning of something real special. But now the place is gone and I can no longer look in and see where we once sat..

But I see what I want to see, to me that place is always there and the scene will always be fixed at the moment where .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. somethings are better left unsaid.

Now I'm starting to think, what else is there that is pretty much gone except in my mind? What are the things that I choose to hear and more importantly, what are the things that I choose not to hear?

No comments: